Sunday, August 05, 2007

Conversations With My Children

Conversation with Micah just the other day:

Micah: "Mommy, I want to be a policeman like Uncle Robert when I grow up."

Me: "Oh really? Why?"

Micah: "So I can carry a gun and shoot the bad guys, like this!" Then he proceeds to dive onto the floor, roll over, and point his fingers like he's pointing a gun.

I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. His actions so adorable and yet I wonder where in the world he learned what policeman do. He's a superhero fan, that's all I can say.

Conversation with Isabella today in the movie store:

Isabella is walking down the family video isle trying to decide which movie to pick out. She sees My Little Pony, Care Bears, Bratz, and then comes up on Thumbelina and says,
"Oh I want this one. It is one of my favorites and even though it makes me cry I just can't resist." I thought I would fall out. A woman after my own heart. What woman doesn't love a good cry while watching a movie.

Conversation with Aria:

Ok so I can't have conversations with Aria yet, but her little personality is emerging every day. Her absolute favorite thing is babies. When she sees them, she instantly goes crazy. We were at soccer practice last week and there was a woman there with a 3 month old little boy in a car seat. Aria was next to him before I could turn around. She was in his face talking to him while he smiled back. When he blew bubbles and drooled, she would lift up his bib and pat the drool off his mouth, she even tried to pick him up several times. The mom was so sweet and patient, she just keep saying over and over, "she's ok. It's so cute. She's so nuturing and gentle." And when I felt the little boy had had enough and I picked Aria up to take her away, she cried with the cry of a broken heart. It was so endearing. She carries her baby doll everywhere and at any given time she will sit down with a towel or diaper wipe, say "EWE!", and proceed to "wipe" the baby doll's hiney. I love it.

What amazes me most is that I didn't have to "teach" any of my children how to do these things. Their creator imprinted them on their little hearts. I love that my little girls are "lilies" and that my little boy is a "warrior", as they are called in our home. And whatever they choose to be when they grow up I will support, but more than anything I want them to follow God's will for their lives.

So far it seems they are doing just that!!

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker