Thursday, September 11, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY






Today is not only a sad day but also a very important day to celebrate. Today is my anniversary. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9 years. Nine years ago today I walked down the isle in a little country church and pledged my life to Michael Smith Jr. I had no idea what that meant but I do now. God knew exactly what he was doing when he brought Michael into my life. Here are just a few reasons why I love my man:

1. Very few men would have endured so patiently with a wife who suffered for several years with low self-esteem, intense fear of abandonment, jealousy, depression (including post-partem depression). I am happy to say that God healed me of those things and I haven't suffered them since 2002.
2. I have a wonderful husband who thinks that since I cooked dinner and he knows that I love a clean kitchen in the morning he cleans it for me.
3. He has helped me learn (along with my YA's) how to become more organized.
4. He is a great father to our children
5. He loves the Lord and is learning every day what it means to be a committed follower of Christ.
6. He tells me all the time that I am beautiful
7. He thinks I am his hero
8. He wants to be able to give me the world, even though I am happy with what we have.
9. He is a protector of the women in my life. He loves my mother and my sister as if they were his own. He pampers them just like he pampers me.
10. And most importantly, he just plain adores me!!

How could I not love this man!!! He is amazing!!! I love you Michael Hart Smith Jr.

2 comments:

Andi and Michael said...

Congratulations on 9 wonderful years! May your marriage continue to grow in love and happiness.

The Craftypigs said...

Happy Anniversary! That's great. You got a good one, but then so did he.

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker