Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tonsillectomy- Day 6

Today was up and down. The night was really rough. I tried to give Micah his medicine at 11 when I went to bed but he would not take it. I knew he was hurting but I couldn't get him to wake up enough to rationalize with him. So I decided I would leave him alone and let him go to back to sleep. My thought was that he would wake up later and want to take it. Well, I was wrong. He woke me up at 3 am moaning in his sleep. I started trying to wake him and he became very upset and started crying. Trying to rationalize with a child who is in pain and half asleep is next to impossible. After about 20 minutes of trying to coax him to take his pain medicine, I finally decide I need Michael, so I wake him up. And 25 minutes later, he takes his medicine.

I don't know what I am going to do the rest of the week because Michael leaves town tomorrow until Friday. On top of Micah's recovery, Aria has also been giving me a VERY hard time with going to sleep at night. She gets out of bed, tears up her room playing, knocks on the walls...you name it, she's doing it. That wouldn't bother me too bad but with Micah being sick and needing me I don't know how she is going to do. I am just claim the verse that says, "My grace in sufficient for you." Sufficient is defined as "enough to meet the needs of a situation or proposed end." I am once again going to rest on that because that is all I have and God has never let me down before.

Micah has had cabin fever really bad. He is asking to go back to school. He misses his teacher, he misses his friends, and he told me today that he misses P.E.. But, the one thing I can say is that since he has been home we have been reading alot. He has been reading some easy reader books and he is doing really well. I am amazed at how he is picking it up. I will be glad when he goes back to school, but I am going to miss the one-on-one time with him. I just want my baby to feel better...soon.

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker