Saturday, May 08, 2010

40 weeks 6 days- Celebrating Birth

Ok, so things are still the same. Contractions, cramping, backaches, but nothing is going anywhere. I know that people think I am crazy that I am still pregnant. Most thought I would deliver before now and since I haven't most people think that I am crazy not to schedule an induction. I know that it is not typical to "choose" to continue to be pregnant when there are so many things I could do to but really I truly believe that when she is ready she will come. There are so many risks to inducing labor including fetal distress with low heart rate, increased chance of c-section, and more painful labor requiring epidural. I know that the end result is the most important, having a healthy baby here, but that may not happen with induction. My doctor is totally fine with waiting so I am waiting too.

As anxious as I am to have her here with me in my arms, I am really ok with waiting. We spend 90% of our lives waiting for something. Once she gets here I will be waiting for her to sleep through the night. Then I will be waiting for her to smile at me. And then roll over, sit up, crawl, walk, etc, etc, etc. I just want to enjoy every moment that I have, and right now I have been a few extra days to enjoy my husband and children.

I have had one last date night with my husband, which was wonderful!!!!

Today went to Micah's soccer game. The weather was perfect and he thought it was great to have everyone there to cheer him on.

Then this afternoon we had a surprise birthday party for Bella. It was great. She was SO surprised. With the baby coming so close to her birthday I wanted so much to reassure her that her birthday will always be special to us. We had all the family over. Michael took her out while we waited for everyone to get here. When he got here we jumped out and surprised her. It was awesome. On the 11th she will be 9 years old. Unbelievable.

Anyway, we are waiting patiently and enjoying each other until we add another. Just keep praying for us.

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker