Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, one of my favorite holiday's of the year. Nine (9) years ago I celebrated my first mother's day by bringing my baby girl home from the hospital. I was so overwhelmed with emotions as the nurses came in and told me that the OB and pediatrician were working on the paperwork and I would be released as soon as everything was done. "WOW, are you serious? Your going to let me leave the hospital with this new little life? Are you sure you know what your doing? Because I am so not sure I know what I am doing!" I was so scared. I was now responsible for this little person and I felt that I needed to know everything but actually knew nothing. Over the days, weeks, months, and even years, my new phrase became "I don't know." "Why is she crying? - I don't know." "Is she hungry?- I don't know." "What do you want me to do? (Michael would ask)- I don't know!" It was so frustrating at times because I thought before having children that I knew so much. I had babysat and nannied for years. I had so much experience with kids I thought I was a pro, but there is something totally different when you bring home a baby that belongs to you that you are responsible for completely.  But, what a blessing that little girl has been to me and our family.  Happy Mother's Day to me!

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker