Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tonsillectomy- Day 3

Last night went alright, except that he got very irritated and said several times that he wished that I would quit waking him up and just leave him alone. I really don't blame him, when you are sick and tired you really don't want to be bothered with taking nasty medicine. He did it though like a trooper.

Today has been a pretty good day. We haven't had to give him any more anti-nausea medicine, so that is good. He has been really tired today and not as tolerant of his pain or being cooped up at home. We decided to get out today for a little while and just go to my sister-in-law's house and visit with them. He did pretty good. Eating today has been very difficult. We have tried soup but the saltiness of it hurt. We tried ice cream, popsicles, jell-o, pudding, but the cold hurt. He tried very tiny little pasta but he said that hurt too. My only comfort is that he is drinking. He is already so thin as it is, only 46 pounds at 6 years old, and he is losing weight through all of this. But, as long as he is drinking I feel alright. We did get him to eat a little bit of Cream of Wheat with brown sugar in it for dinner. He didn't eat much, but four bites was good enough for me.

He has been very clingy with me today and wants me to lay with him alot. I have been alright with that because Michael is home and he can take care of the girls. We are all going to be early tonight.

All in all, I have been extremely impressed with him through all of this. He is really a warrior!

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker