Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tonsillectomy- Day 4

Another really good day. I must say that I am beginning to believe that the reason he is doing so well is because of the prayers of our friends and family. That is the only thing that makes sense.

Last night I decided to let him sleep and only give him his medicine when he woke up. That wasn't really the best decision because when he did wake up he was in ALOT of pain and I had a hard time getting him to take his medicine because it burns so bad when it goes down. So, tonight I will probably wake him up so at least he isn't in pain. Unfortunately there is no real good answer when it comes to the nighttime. The one thing that does help though is putting a little bit of gatorade in the pain meds.

Today everyone went to church and Micah and I stayed home. We had a good time just cuddling and watching movies. He has a real bad cough today and I am not real sure what that is about but it hurts him to cough. He tries not to but it is one of those coughs you can't control and then it's real loose so it hurts.

We had a little bout with nausea this afternoon but I think it was because I gave him his antibiotic on an empty stomach. He was pretty puny all afternoon. He listened to his iPod most of the afternoon and he wanted to watch basketball with me. We watched the Auburn/Arkansas yesterday and today we watched the Laker/Spurs game. Since he's playing basketball and I am learning the rules of the game I am enjoying watching the games more and more with him. I am definitely a bigger sports fan than my husband is but he will sit and watch basketball with us. So, it was fun.

No comments:

My Little Blessings

  • Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker